Trusted Flagger Program
Flagging is the process by which third parties can report potentially harmful content to platforms for content moderation review. Organisations that are formally recognised as trusted for identifying and reporting illegal content, are called Trusted Flaggers.
As a result, their reports were and are treated as pre-qualified and prioritized for action. Over time, this process has evolved into a standardised system to ensure that reports from Trusted Flaggers are acted upon rapidly. We have created the INHOPE Trusted Flagger program to work with our industry partners to help them ensure that their services are free from CSAM.
The benefit to industry partners:
- Increased efficiency with trained experts who can provide additional context.
- Rapid escalation and review of urgent cases.
- Process improvement through regular meetings to raise key issues, protocol and system updates.
- Trusted Flagger reports will only contain agreed information points to ensure efficiency.
- By participating in the INHOPE Trusted Flagger program it demonstrates a proactive approach to protecting users.
Interested in joining the program?
To join the INHOPE Trusted Flagger program – INHOPE must be satisfied that the organisation is committed to the program and the rapid removal of illegal content on their platform. If this is confirmed, then a reporting exchange procedure is agreed with the platform and this is shared with INHOPE member hotlines. Following this – any reports received from relevant INHOPE member hotlines will be prioritised and treated as pre-qualified. Start the discussion with our Head of Partnerships & Network Expansion, Samantha Woolfe: email@example.com
Read more about the INHOPE's Trusted Flagger program.